Tuesday, May 09, 2006

School's cool

Since school is wrapping up and soon all my teacher friends will be rubbing it in my face how they'll have 3 month's off, I thought about my school years. So here are 10 things I loved about grade school. (We didn't have middle school here so this is from k-8)

1. Scholastic book club sales
2. Social studies class
3. Transfering to public school in 7th grade
4. Choir
5. Class trips
6. Writing stories and reports
7. Report cards (because I always got good grades)
8. Hot lunch (once a week thing at Catholic school)
9. Passing notes
10. Arts and crafts

10 things I didn't like...

1. Math
2. Mean girls! (Jealous because I could fill out a bra way before most of them.)
3. The nuns. They were mean too.
4. Projects where I my mom tried to do all the work.
5. Speaking in front of the classroom
6. Gym
7. My 6th grade teacher (that woman was from another planet!)
8. Principal at the same school (also MEAN)
9. Uniforms
10. Boring assemblies (on fire safety or the "girls" lecture - hee!)

Let me know your best/worst memories of school too!

3 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

What a fun idea, Robin!

10 things I liked about grade school:
1. Recess, of course!
2. Scholastic book flyers
3. Studying Greek mythology
4. Buying new school supplies & the smell of new crayons
5. Reading
6. Getting to go to 6th grade classes for reading and math lessons when I was in 5th grade
7. Slam books (I was a junior high school kid in the 80s, what can I say?)
8. Slumber parties
9. Girl Scouts
10. School Halloween carnival

Hated:
1. My 7th grade social studies teacher.
2. The boy in 7th grade who made me the butt of all his jokes (I *still* don't like that guy)
3. My 8th grade study hall teacher
4. Gym - ugh!!
5. Getting fever blisters all the time
6. Being a pre-teen and a teenager (I hated that time of my life)
7. Riding the bus
8. Homeroom - what a waste of time
9. Standardized tests
10. Soy-burgers

9:02 PM  
Blogger Audimc said...

Things I liked:
1. the candy jar if you got 100% on a spelling test.
2. My 5th grade teacher Mrs. Johnson
3. Recess
4. Defintately slumber parties
5. playing chase
6. The new letter books you got every week in kindergarten
7. parties on the holidays
8. tater tots in the cafateria (this is from DH.. he's doing the list too lol)
9. passing notes
10. Hand games (slapping hands to songs... forgot what it's called)

Hated:
1. homework
2. riding the bus
3. Mrs. Detour (2nd grade teacher)
4. sitting on the wall at recess
5. Getting your name on the board
6. Getting a check by your name on the board
7. Hurdles in PE
8. Physical challenges in PE
9. Science
10. dumb boys LOL

9:34 PM  
Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

I have beennnn waiiitinnng for a new list,lol. Coool!

10 things I liked:

1) hopscotch and four square
2) Band
3) My math teacher
4) school clothes and supply shopping
5) Oh yeah....SLAM Books!!! woohoo
6) Girl Scouting
7)jump rope
8) Slumber parties...oh yeahhhh
9) pizza day in cafeteria...mom let me get it sometimes
10) art projects

Hated:

1) dumb boys...we had a few. ugghhh
2) square dancing...why would they do that to us????
3) feeling like I couldn't be cool enough
4) math
5) had to ride the bus...but not having one go to my area and so I had to ride the bus from the Special Needs school for a bit and the other kids made fun of me horribly
6) the perm my grandma gave me that took forever to grow out...and she did it the day before pics were taken
7) dances...girls on one side...boys on other...but then I loved them when I got older, lol
8) never having the money to do stuff with my friends...movies, shopping etc
9)did I mention square dancing? heheh p.e. in general...rope climbing? wtheck
10) just being a preteen in general. ughhhh

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home