Wednesday, August 23, 2006

10 covers

I've been thinking about how much I love cover songs. Some of them are so different than the original and others are just the same. So many but here are 10 I really love.

1. Johnny Cash - NIN's Hurt
2. Indigo Girls - Bob Dylan's Tangled Up In Blue
3. U2 - The Who's Won't Get Fooled Again
4. Rufus Wainright - The Beatles Across The Universe
5. Peter, Paul and Mary - Bob Dylan's Don't Think Twice
6. REM - U2's One
7. Guns and Roses - Paul McCartney's Live and Let Die
8. Rolling Stones - Temptatoins Ain't To Proud To Beg
9. Jimi Hendrix - Bob Dylan's All Along the Watchtower
10. The Beatles - Isley Brother's Twist and Shout

I just found a cool list of top covers too. :) Some of mine are on there!

1 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

I haven't heard most of these, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt. Have you heard Dave Matthew's cover of All Along the Watchtower? Amazing! And he also covers Johnny Cash's Long Black Veil (or did he cover that, too?). I make Thomas sing & play that one for me all the time. Love it!

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home